M3 Global Research
M3 Global Research
The M3 Panel is a community of healthcare professionals earning rewards while contributing to market research subjects linked to their professional experience. We’ve looked at the pros and cons of signing up for one of the world’s largest healthcare panels, owned by the Japanese company M3 Inc.
What is M3 Global Research?
M3 Global Research is part of M3 Inc. founded in 2000 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. By facilitating access to vetted healthcare professionals, M3 attracts market research clients such as pharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical device manufacturers and healthcare providers such as hospitals and clinics.
M3’s clients use medical market research to gain insights into the healthcare industry, patient demographics, disease prevalence, treatment options, and emerging technologies, among other factors, in order to inform their business decisions, product development strategies, and clinical practices. Based on the outcomes of the research, these companies can make better-informed decisions about their products, services, and business strategies.
What type of healthcare professionals are accepted?
Examples of healthcare professionals participating in M3 Global Research studies:
|Examples of Research Subjects
|Cancer, infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases
|Chronic disease management, patient education
|Patient outcomes, clinical trials
|Patient safety, nursing education
|Medical education, health policy
|Drug interactions, drug development
|Healthcare system analysis, healthcare policy
|Hospital operations, patient satisfaction
|Medical laboratory research, medical device development
|Animal behavior, disease prevention
|Medical device design, tissue engineering
|Oral health, dental materials
|Oral hygiene education, dental assisting techniques
|Eye care professionals
|Vision correction, eye disease treatment
|Pregnancy and childbirth outcomes, maternal health
|Non-clinical healthcare professionals
|Healthcare system efficiency, healthcare policy
|Movement analysis, injury prevention
|Occupational safety, assistive technology
|Language acquisition, speech disorders
|Mental health treatment outcomes, behavior modification
|Mental illness diagnosis, medication efficacy
|Clinical Social Workers
|Social determinants of health, mental health services
|Medical billing errors, insurance coverage
|Medical coding accuracy, electronic health records
|Medical record accuracy, patient confidentiality
|Medical education effectiveness, healthcare curriculum development
Also, patients who are interested in giving their opinion about goods, services, medication, etc. in the healthcare industry can join to be members of the community.
Is M3 Global Research a legitimate survey site?
Yes, M3 Global Research is a legit healthcare market research provider, which can be fully trusted. M3 is a member of industry associations such as ephmra and Insights Association. Their panel is also ISO-certified, and they claim all of their healthcare panellists are triple-verified.
What about the survey experience?
Research surveys are sent via email. All invitations will include the type of study that you are being invited to participate in. Most of the surveys can be completed online. Other types of research include telephone interviews, focus groups, webcam interviews, in-person interviews, social media research, chat groups, and more.
You can choose the surveys you would like to participate in by looking at the information in the invitation, which covers the topic of the survey, compensation, deadline, and others. The average length of the survey is about 20 to 30 minutes. You can take the survey using the browser of your mobile device.
Top Rated Healthcare Survey Sites
- Interesting medical topics
- Surveys that match well with the medical niche
- Rewards as promised
- Surveys may not always be mobile-friendly
- This is a long open-ended question that can take some time to answer.
- Screening out too often is not a pleasant experience.
- Physicians can earn extra money
- Participate in the most recent medical developments
- Maintain current knowledge while earning money
- Surveys of various kinds
- Slow cash-out
- The survey interface could be more intuitive
- Lots of verification and screening questions
- Financial incentives
- Professional development
- Professional healthcare research company
- Time commitment
- Potential conflicts of interests
- Cash payments
- Low payout threshold
- Fair compensation
- Interesting topics
- Hard to qualify
- Infrequent suvey invitaitons
- Time-consuming surveys
- Exclusive panel community for healthcare professionals
- The panel is run by a legit market research company
- Honoraria are much more generous than standard consumer surveys
- Surveys can be done on the go without any commitments
- Survey frequency can be hard to predict
- Respondents can be screened out if not fitting with the exact target-group
- Complex survey topics require deep concentration
- The payout process can take several weeks (for amounts above $100)
How much does M3 Global Research pay in honorarium?
M3 pays a similar level as other recognized medical market research providers. The honorarium will largely depend on two key factors:
- Medical speciality: As an example, Medical Oncologists will typically earn a higher honorarium than a General Practitioner (GP).
- Survey length: The honoraria increase with survey length, usually in increments of 5 or 10 minutes.
Here are a few examples of what you can expect to get paid:
|Survey on patients’ safety
|Cancer medications survey
|Oral hygiene products dentist survey
|Medical billing software
These are just examples. Actual honoraria can vary a great deal from survey to survey.
Once you have completed a survey, your compensation will be added to your M3 Wallet after a quality review has been completed. This review typically takes 2 business days but could take longer. You can request payment after each completed survey, or also save your earnings and request a larger payout at a later stage. The payment methods can be different from country to country, but typically include pre-paid debit cards, checks, bank transfers
- Professionally relevant surveys
- Interesting subjects
- High rewards
- Exclusive for healthcare professionals
- Answering profiling questions takes quite a long time