MyOpinionNow gathers consumers’ opinions on various topics by providing surveys you can take at your convenience. Based in New Jersey, USA, MyOpinionNow was founded in 1999 under Marketview Research Group, making them one of the older players in the market. MarketView Research is a full-service research firm specializing in product lifecycle research.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is MyOpinionNow a legit survey site?
MyOpinionNow is a legit survey site. It has been paying survey respondents and in the market for over two decades. Better Business Bureau deems them good business with an A+ rating. The company helps clients bring smart and innovative products to market.
How do Survey Sites operate?
New to survey sites? Here is a quick guide to 10 key steps they take when inviting participants to market research projects.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
The survey site’s policy is to respect and protect its users’ privacy. They will not disclose personally identifiable information about visitors, members, or survey respondents to any third party without first obtaining permission from the user.
How to get started
Becoming a member is easy. Click Join Us and fill out the registration form or connect through your Facebook account by clicking “Login with Facebook” or “Sign in with Twitter” on the home page. You will receive emails inviting you to participate in surveys after you update your personal profile. A link to the survey will be included in each email. You can do surveys both on desktop and mobile. You can earn 1000 bonus points or an equivalent of $1 just for becoming a member of MyOpinionNow.
Only residents of the USA and Canada are eligible to participate in the survey panel. To sign up for MyOpinionNow, you must be at least 14. You only have to answer a few profiling questions so that you can be matched to a survey.
What about the survey experience?
Write about how easy it is to take surveys on mobile vs laptop. Do you need to go through a lot of screening questions before qualifying? Are there technical issues in the surveys? Are the surveys interesting? Are they well-matched with your demographics?
MyOpinionNow has a mobile app so that you can answer surveys anywhere, anytime. Each survey has qualifying questions that vary in length. Though the site looks very old, it is still possible to find surveys to answer here. Surveys that you can answer usually match your demographics. Questions for each survey may vary, but if you have questions about the site or each survey, you contact them using this information: MyOpinionNow.com, 115 River Road, Suite 105, Edgewater, NJ 07020, (201) 840-5300.
How much can you make on MyOpinionNow?
You can earn points for signing up, taking surveys, and inviting friends. The number of reward points awarded for completing surveys is determined by the length and complexity of the survey. All reward points can be exchanged for cash. Twenty thousand points, equivalent to $20 is the minimum for cash-out. When you reach one of the Reward Levels, you can redeem your points:
- Level 1: 20,000 reward points ($20.00)
- Level 2: 40,000 reward points ($40.00)
- Level 3: 60,000 reward points ($60.00)
- Level 4: 80,000 reward points ($80.00)
- Level 5: 100,000 reward points ($100.00)
- Level 6: 120,000 reward points ($120.00)
- Level 7: 140,000 reward points ($140.00)
- Level 8: 160,000 reward points ($160.00)
- Level 9: 180,000 reward points ($180.00)
- Level 10: 200,000 reward points ($200.00)
For any point balance falling between any of the levels, you will receive a check for the highest point level you qualify for, with the extra points remaining in your account.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
What can prevent me from cashing out?
This can happen for various reasons, but it’s usually because you weren’t paying attention during the survey. Many survey providers have techniques to determine whether you are truly engaged and taking the survey seriously. Failure to satisfy their requirements means they may decline you at any time. Because there are quality checks at various points throughout a survey, try answering each question correctly.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Affiliated with professional surveying firms.
- Offer high-quality surveys.
- Works well on mobile.
- They pay in cash via check
- Low number of surveys
- Threshold is high
- There are too many screenout questions.
- The website is not attractive.