Ipsos Knowledge Panel
The Ipsos Knowledge Panel Review
Did you receive an invitation by post to join the Ipsos Knowledge Panel? Wondering if it’s legit? In this review, we’ll take a closer look at this survey site and examine its features, rewards, and overall user experience.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is the Knowledge Panel legit?
There are several reasons why the Ipsos Knowledge Panel is considered a legitimate survey site:
- Ipsos is a well-established market research company that has been in business for over 40 years. This suggests that the Ipsos Knowledge Panel is operated by a reputable and trustworthy company.
- The Knowledge Panel has a transparent reward system, with clear information provided about the points users can earn for each survey and the redemption options available. This makes it clear to users what they can expect in terms of compensation for their time and effort.
- Finally, the Ipsos Knowledge Panel has a long history of paying its users for completed surveys. While the compensation for surveys may vary, users who complete surveys can expect to receive rewards in a timely manner.
What’s the concept?
The KnowledgePanel is an invitation-only survey site where members can earn rewards when providing their opinions on products and services. The rewards are above-average, but there’s a catch; only a few pre-selected addresses are invited to join every year. In this way, Ipsos has created an exclusive survey community that participates in national polls and surveys.
Only individuals who live in households that Ipsos invited can join the KnowledgePanel.Therefore, if you are invited to join, you cannot pass the invitation on to friends or family who do not live in your household. Research is done for TV networks, news organizations, well-respected companies, and universities, among others. The panel is available in the US and the UK and helps track national trends in the economy, politics, entertainment, sports, and new products.
What makes the Knowledge Panel unique?
KnowledgePanel, Ipsos’ flagship product, utilizes rigorous statistical methods and probability-based sampling to produce survey results that are frequently utilized in academic and government research and published in peer-reviewed journals. With a panel size that is representative of the population, KnowledgePanel employs an address-based sampling methodology that covers all households in the U.S., regardless of their phone status. For households without internet access, Ipsos provides free computing devices and internet service to ensure they can participate in the panel.
One of the key distinguishing features of Ipsos’ panels is the inclusion of digitally excluded households. Ipsos provides these households with tablets, free data, and technical support to enable them to participate in online surveys. By doing so, Ipsos is able to eliminate any differential mode bias, and can fully leverage online research to gain a comprehensive understanding of the public.
Since 4% of households do not have internet access, it is essential that this group’s perspectives are also included to ensure the panel is truly representative of the wider UK society. Members of this group can register for the Knowledge Panel by post and receive a tablet, an email address, and basic internet access to complete surveys online.
Why cannot anyone sign up for the panel?
The Knowledge Panel is a so-called invitation-only panel. Invitation-only panels can help ensure that a more representative and diverse group of individuals participate in research, which can help reduce the risk of self-selection bias and increase the accuracy and reliability of the research findings.
Self-selection bias occurs when individuals choose to participate in a research study based on their own characteristics, opinions, or behaviours, rather than being randomly selected or invited to participate. This can result in a non-representative sample, as those who choose to participate may be different from those who do not in ways that are relevant to the research question.
How many surveys will I receive?
Members earn points per survey session, and each survey takes approximately 15 minutes. Generally, you’ll be assigned up to three surveys a month, and some panels will receive as many as six. The average time commitment is around two or three monthly surveys, and you can receive additional incentives for longer surveys. After completing each survey, you will receive points that can be exchanged for vouchers used with several retailers.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
- Free products sent home for testing (iHUT)
- Above-average incentive levels
- Good survey experience
- Interesting survey opportunities well matched with demographics and interests
- Support for users could be faster
- Many profiling questions to fill out
- Not possible to sign-up for the panel unless invited
- No cash incentives
What type of surveys will I get invited to?
As part of the Knowledge Panel research panel, you’ll be able to participate in surveys related to national issues. You’ll receive points that can be exchanged for vouchers for your time. When you sign up, they will ask for basic demographic data and more interest-based questions. This also means they can invite you to surveys that are relevant to you. This includes questions about age, gender, work type, etc.
Here are some examples of surveys you can get invited to:
- Price sensitivity among consumers of soft drinks
- Brand loyalty and awareness for fast food chains
- Factors that influence purchasing decisions for smartphone purchases
- Consumer attitudes and opinions towards plant-based meat alternatives
- The need for specialized features or functionalities in fitness wearables
- Willingness to pay a premium for craft beers
- Interest in emerging or niche markets for vegan skincare products
- Influencers and channels for marketing to fans of esports
Summary – Pros and Cons
If you’re considering signing up with the survey site Knowledge Panel, there are both pros and cons to consider. On the positive side, one of the most significant benefits is the high-quality survey experience. The site provides well-crafted, informative surveys that provide insight into trending topics. The surveys are well-designed and thoughtfully constructed, making the experience both informative and enjoyable.
In addition to the quality and interesting surveys, Knowledge Panel is also easy to qualify for since you have already been pre-selected. This means that even if you don’t belong to a specific demographic that is high in demand, you can still participate in surveys and contribute your opinions.
Last but not least, Knowledge Panel offers well-paid survey opportunities. This is a significant advantage for anyone looking to earn some extra cash. The site compensates its members fairly for their time and effort, making the whole process worthwhile.
There are also some drawbacks to signing up with Knowledge Panel, starting with the fact that it’s an exclusive club that you can only get invited to. The site has a limited number of spots available, and the selection process is randomly selected based on your postcode.
Another negative is that there aren’t too many survey opportunities available each month. While the site provides high-quality and interesting surveys, members may only receive 2-5 opportunities per month. This may not be enough for those who are looking to maximize their earnings.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- Easy to quality
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Hard to get invited to join
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)