Swagbucks is the grand old lady of online rewards sites, where you can participate in tasks such as taking surveys to earn money online. If you complete a survey, you will receive Swagbucks (SB) points which largely depend on the length and complexity of the questionnaire. And just like any other cashback site, you can also earn money by making purchases and signing up for different offers. Once you have earned enough SB points, you can redeem them for cash.
Andreea – Our UX Research Expert: Andreea is from Timisoara, Romania with a background from user experience (UX) research. Her UX knowledge comes in really handy when reviewing survey experience. Originally joining HuginX as a freelancer, she is now a regular contributor to site. When Andreea is not working with panel reviews, she enjoys old classic movies and she has a passion for baking.
How do I earn money with Swagbucks?
To receive rewards from Swagbucks, you’ll need to complete many surveys. Luckily SB is not a site that is shy of sending survey invitations. The survey topics vary a lot. Some surveys require you to answer pre-qualification questions and may not be suitable for you. Some of these surveys pay very little, so it’s important to pace yourself. The more detailed your profile is, the more opportunities you’ll be able to complete.
Types of rewards
You will get rewarded SBs for your time and effort. The value of rewards varies, but most surveys have a deadline or are based on a general category. In addition to cash, you can get gift cards, charitable donations, and PayPal money. If you’re serious about earning cash from taking surveys, Swagbucks is a good option. But you’ll need to answer a lot of surveys and work hard.
Unlike many paid survey platforms, Swagbucks offers a good range of reward options. You can collect more Swagbucks and exchange them for Amazon gift cards by participating in various activities. This is an excellent way to maximize your earnings. If you’re looking for a way to increase your income, Swagbucks may be your best choice. Just remember that you don’t have to spend much time getting your rewards.
Top Rewards Sites
- Varied earning opportunities
- Mobile app
- Frequent survey invitations
- ESOMAR member
- Low compensation
- No cash payments
- Repetitive profiling questions
- As promised
- Free to join
- Simple interface
- A good mix of surveys
- A lot of email invitations
- Low incentives
- Screening too often is not a pleasant experience.
- Many complex matrix questions can be difficult to answer.
- Surveys work well across different devices
- Surveys that match your personal interests
- Survey invitations in accordance with demographics
- It does exactly as it says on the tin.
- Translation mistakes in questionnaires
- It's not easy to reach the helpdesk
- There isn't a lot of documentation.
- A wide range of payment options is available
- Interesting survey opportunities
- Low payment threshold
- Informative and well-structured FAQ and help-pages
- Transparent points system
- Average payout per offer
- The offer page could be better structured
- Good paying surveys
- Easy to use
- Earn cash, not points
- Accounts may become inactive after 10 days of inactivity
- High payout minimum
High frequency of surveys
To earn money from Swagbucks, you should be prepared to take surveys daily. Many surveys on the site are anonymous, but they do pay. It is essential to read the details carefully when registering for the program and check for the guidelines before signing up. Some sites have a high threshold of surveys you can take per day. For this reason, you need to be careful about your time.
Some of these surveys offer a higher payout than others, so it’s important to know your limitations. In addition to taking surveys, you can also take surveys on Swagbucks. Most of the time, you’ll earn between five and ten bucks a day. You’ll never have enough Swagbucks to cover your expenses, but it can add up fast. Aside from that, you can also earn cash for local activities by signing up.
Swagbucks is a website where you can earn rewards by doing activities like shopping, searching the web, watching videos, playing games, printing coupons, and taking surveys. It might not be the best-paying survey site, but you’ll never be in lack of survey opportunities again.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Frequent survey opportunities
- More rewards than "just" surveys are available
- A legit company with a long history in the survey industry
- Low payout threshold
- Several payout options
- Both mobile app and browser support
- Lots of screenout questions
- Low incentives
- Below-average survey experience