SurveyMonkey Rewards App
SurveyMonkey Rewards Review
SurveyMonkey Rewards is a survey-taking app for Android and iOS that awards survey participants rewards in return for their opinions. In this review, we’re taking a closer look at what the app has to offer. Note that the topic for this review is NOT SurveyMonkey’s survey creation app, but its specialized survey-taking app used by external respondents. Read more about the different types of mobile apps offered by SurveyMonkey.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
SurveyMonkey is an online survey development cloud-based software company founded in 1999 by Ryan Finley in Portland, Oregon. The company provides a suite of survey software products that allow individuals and organizations to design and distribute surveys and analyze the responses. SurveyMonkey was initially a side project of Ryan Finley while he was working as a web developer, and it started as a basic online survey tool to help him get feedback from friends.
Since then, the company has grown significantly, and its software platform now serves millions of active users worldwide. SurveyMonkey has been used by individuals, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and large enterprises to gather feedback, conduct market research, and gain insights into various topics.
In March 2023, Momentive entered into an agreement to be acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) for a sum of approximately $1.5 billion. The acquisition by STG, a private equity firm focused on software and data technology, could present an opportunity for SurveyMonkey to capitalize on the increasing scarcity of third-party “big data” and instead offer first-party and declared zero-party data collected through surveys.
What’s the concept?
In the world of market research, data is king, and SurveyMonkey is one of the companies leading the charge in collecting and selling that data. In addition to their DIY software platform, their online survey app offers users the chance to earn rewards by completing surveys through the SurveyMonkey Rewards app.
Download the mobile app:
Signing up for SurveyMonkey Rewards is a straightforward process that begins with creating an account on the platform. Once registered, users can access a variety of tasks ranging from surveys to product testing and receive rewards in the form of points. These points can be redeemed for gift cards, cash payouts, or charitable donations, depending on the user’s preference.
How will SurveyMonkey use the data it collects through these surveys? The company’s business model is based on selling DIY survey creation solutions to its clients, including businesses, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. These surveys provide valuable insights into consumer behaviour, preferences, and opinions. In this way, SurveyMonkey helps its clients make better-informed decisions in areas such as product development, marketing strategies, and public policy.
Two concrete examples of typical target groups and subjects for consumer surveys could include:
- Millennials and their attitudes towards sustainable fashion. With the growing importance of environmental sustainability in the fashion industry, companies may want to know how this younger generation views the issue and what factors influence their purchasing decisions.
- Parents and their preferences for children’s toys. Toy manufacturers may want to understand what types of toys parents are buying for their children, how much they are willing to spend, and what features are most important to them when making these purchases.
In a world where data is increasingly valuable, SurveyMonkey and its Rewards program offer a win-win for both users and businesses looking for valuable insights into consumer behaviour.
When clients are using SurveyMonkey’s DIY survey solution, they can also pay to access external respondents through the service “SurveyMonkey Audience”. In this way, it makes sense for the firm to offer its own proprietary panel to customers. This is where the mobile survey app SurveyMonkey Rewards comes into play.
For survey takers, a paid survey app like SurveyMonkey Rewards can be a great way to earn extra cash or donate to charity while providing valuable feedback to businesses. However, there are several pros and cons to consider before downloading the app.
One of the main advantages of SurveyMonkey Rewards is that the surveys are short and sweet, making them engaging and easy to complete. Additionally, the payout for an average 5-minute survey is $0.35, which is comparatively good compared to other similar apps. Furthermore, the app makes it easy to qualify for surveys, as there are very few screening questions at the beginning of each survey. Moreover, the minimum redemption threshold of $5 is relatively low, allowing users to cash out quickly. The app’s interface is also intuitive and simplistic, ensuring users don’t waste time navigating around it.
On the downside, there is no cash option available when redeeming survey rewards. Instead, users are limited to gift cards or charity donations. This might not be ideal for some users who prefer cash. Additionally, the app collects a significant amount of personal information, including location data, which some users might find intrusive. However, users can turn off this feature in the app’s settings.
It’s also important to note that some users have complained about the low frequency of survey opportunities, making it difficult to earn enough to reach the $5 minimum redemption level in a reasonable amount of time. This could be frustrating for users who are looking for quick rewards.
After several weeks of testing, it’s clear that SurveyMonkey Rewards is a well-built survey app with several benefits such as short and easy surveys and fair compensation. However, the infrequent survey invitations and lack of a cash option may be drawbacks for some users. Additionally, the app’s tracking of sensitive data and lack of a web interface for desktops could be a concern for privacy-conscious individuals.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Short and engaging surveys
- Fair compensation
- Low redemption level
- Well-built app with few technical glitches
- Dedicated mobile app (Android and iOS)
- Infrequent survey invitations
- No cash option
- App tracking sensitive data such as your location
- No web interface for desktops
- Only available for US