Reckner Opinions Review
Reckner Opinions belongs to the American market research provider Reckner, based out of the small town of Chalfont in Pennsylvania. Their main focus is in-person research, including personal interviews and focus groups. What do we like about Reckner? The incentive you’ll receive is higher than taking ordinary online surveys, and it’s also nice to get away from the screen and participate in “the old-fashioned way” of doing research. This company is dedicated to providing research studies for many well-known organizations across many industries, so you should feel safe going to one of their research facilities.
Examples of focus groups and tests you can do through Reckner:
- 2 hours Zoom focus group: $100
- Personal care product test: $75
- 2 hours focus group for males and females 30-74: $125
- 2 hours focus group for females only: $125
- 30-minute taste test at NY location: $45
- 5-day product test for women 30-65: Up to $150 per day
Your reward for participating in studies like these will usually be paid out in the form of prepaid debit cards or electronic gift cards.
We recommend following Reckner’s Facebook page to get access to the latest focus group and product testing opportunities.
Types of paid engagements you can do with Reckner:
- Participating in focus groups: A focus group is a type of qualitative research. It is a roundtable discussion where small groups (8 to 10) of respondents are asked to share their opinions about a specific topic of interest. Focus groups are led by a trained moderator who guides the discussion. These groups usually last between 1.5 and 2 hours and are done at a central location. Reckner operates three focus group locations across the US:
- Chalfont, PA
- Harrison, NY
- Milwaukee, WI
- Doing product tests (iHUTs): This research requires respondents to use the product(s) at home for a specific period. Sometimes respondents must come to a central location to pick up the product, and sometimes it will be mailed to their homes. The study is designed to capture respondents’ opinions and reactions to the product(s) once the usage period is over; this can be done by a paper questionnaire, a follow-up telephone call, or accessing a survey through the internet.
- Participating in interviews: In-depth interviews are meant to capture information and opinions from a respondent in an unstructured manner. There is usually a discussion outline that is meant to help guide the flow of the interview. Trained moderators and qualitative specialists conduct in-depth interviews. This is a type of qualitative research.
- Taking paid online surveys: While online surveys are not the main focus of Reckner, they often send out online surveys as a follow-up to in-person or focus group projects.
Andreea – Our UX Research Expert: Andreea is from Timisoara, Romania with a background from user experience (UX) research. Her UX knowledge comes in really handy when reviewing survey experience. Originally joining HuginX as a freelancer, she is now a regular contributor to site. When Andreea is not working with panel reviews, she enjoys old classic movies and she has a passion for baking.
Is Reckner Opinions a legit survey site?
It is a legit company. Reckner has 25 years of experience in conducting various opinion and consumer research studies for national and international companies. This means you can get access to several interesting types of studies while feeling safe that you’ll receive the promised rewards.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
How to get started
Reckner Opinions is really only available in the US. This is because their earning opportunities are just for US residents only. To join the panel, all you have to do is fill out their sign-up form. Give your name, zip code, birthdate, gender, email, and phone number, and answer the question on how you heard about them. Next, you will receive a confirmation email saying you have been included in their panel. After that, you can answer your online surveys from a mobile device.
Registration is free. You must be 18 years and above to participate, but Reckner sometimes conducts research with children as young as 6 years old with parental consent.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
What about the survey experience?
One way you can earn from Reckner Opinions is by participating in their paid surveys which can be done online, in-person, or over the phone. You can answer surveys from a mobile device, desktop, or laptop. The surveys cover a wide variety of topics, and it takes a different amount of time to complete.
How much can you make on Reckner Opinions?
There is no minimum threshold for you to redeem the rewards you earn. Every time you finish a study or project, you will get paid. There is also no points system. All panels will reward you for your time, typically in the form of a pre-paid Visa card. If the study is online, you will receive a link to a virtual card. The site does not mention how much money you earn per task completed. The payment amount depends on the length and complexity of the study and may vary with different research methods across panels. The more time needed to complete the study, the higher the amount you will receive. Payment usually comes in the form of cash via check, prepaid debit cards or electronic gift cards.
What can prevent me from cashing out?
You are allowed only one account per person at Reckner Opinions. If you attempt to create multiple accounts to increase your earnings, this may be regarded as fraud which means you will be banned and lose all accumulated money in your account. It is expected that you answer all your surveys honestly. Failure to do so may result in your submissions being rejected. Reckner has checks to ensure that all respondents are attentive and honest when taking surveys.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- No payout threshold
- High rewards
- Easy to sign up
- Only for US residents
- In-person earning opportunities are only ideal for people who live near any of their research facilities
- Not focused on online earning opportunities