Opinion Inn Review
Opinion Inn looks promising at first glance, featuring a generous join-bonus and PayPal payments for taking surveys. But does Opinion Inn live up to its enticing claims? In this comprehensive review, we delve deep into the world of Opinion Inn, examining its user experience, rewards system, and overall legitimacy to uncover the truth behind the promises.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is Opinion Inn a legit survey site?
While the platform can be considered legitimate in the sense that it does offer the opportunity to participate in surveys and redeem rewards, certain aspects may raise doubts about its overall legitimacy. Ultimately, the legitimacy of Opinion Inn as a survey site is a subjective assessment that depends on individual expectations and tolerance for the challenges posed by its rewards system.
While the platform provides an avenue for users to participate in surveys and potentially earn money, the combination of low compensation, a high payment threshold, and the substantial number of surveys required may lead many to conclude that Opinion Inn falls short of delivering a truly rewarding experience.
What’s the concept?
This is a panel run by Orchid Online Research located in Dehli, India, which is a company offering clients access to market research data. Orchid operates on a business model that revolves around the sale of valuable market research data to its clients. Let’s delve into the fascinating concept of Opinion Inn and explore how it bridges the gap between users seeking rewards and companies hungry for consumer insights.
Opinion Inn offer users the opportunity to earn cash through paid surveys. This symbiotic relationship between participants and the platform rests upon the premise that users’ opinions hold immense value for businesses striving to understand consumer preferences and trends. By completing surveys, users contribute to a vast reservoir of market research data that forms the backbone of Opinion Inn’s business model.
Behind the scenes, Orchid Online Research acts as the intermediary, leveraging the data collected from Opinion Inn users and transforming it into actionable insights for its clients. The company compiles and analyzes the accumulated data to extract patterns, trends, and consumer sentiments. Armed with this information, Orchid Online Research caters to the needs of diverse industries, providing them with the vital market research data required to make informed decisions, shape strategies, and drive growth.
To illustrate the breadth of consumer surveys conducted by Opinion Inn, let’s consider two random examples of typical target groups and subjects that companies might seek insights on:
- Beauty and Personal Care: A cosmetics company may commission a survey targeting women between the ages of 25 and 40 to gauge their preferences for skincare products. The survey might explore topics such as preferred ingredients, packaging designs, price sensitivity, and purchase habits, providing valuable data to inform the company’s product development and marketing strategies.
- Travel and Tourism: A hospitality brand seeking to enhance its services may seek feedback from frequent travellers aged 18 to 35. The survey could cover topics like preferred accommodation options, travel destinations, travel booking habits, and experiences with customer service. The insights gained from such a survey would enable the brand to tailor its offerings to the specific preferences and needs of its target audience.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
- Free products sent home for testing (iHUT)
- Above-average incentive levels
- Good survey experience
- Interesting survey opportunities well matched with demographics and interests
- Support for users could be faster
- Many profiling questions to fill out
- Not possible to sign-up for the panel unless invited
- No cash incentives
How much can I make taking surveys with Opinion Inn?
Opinion Inn holds the promise of financial gain for its participants. However, a closer look reveals some less-than-ideal aspects that warrant scrutiny. While the site provides the option to redeem rewards through PayPal, the average cash reward per survey stands at a meagre $0.35 based on our own experience. Furthermore, users can only request a payment once they accumulate a hefty sum of $25, making the journey to cash out an arduous one.
A guaranteed incentive of $0.10 is not much, but at least they are transparent about it:
One of the touted rewards on Opinion Inn is the ability to receive payments through PayPal, which can be a convenient method for users to access their earnings. However, the compensation itself raises eyebrows. With an average cash reward of $0.35 per survey, participants may find themselves questioning the true value of their time and opinions. Considering the effort and attention required to complete surveys, this modest compensation may leave many feeling undervalued.
To compound the issue, Opinion Inn enforces a payment threshold of $25, meaning users can only redeem their rewards once they have reached this milestone. While this threshold may not appear exorbitant at first glance, it becomes a significant challenge when considering the average cash per survey. Let’s do the math: assuming a user exclusively completes surveys offering the average cash reward of $0.35, they would need to complete a staggering 71 surveys just to reach the payment threshold of $25.
It is worth mentioning that Opinion Inn offers a join bonus of $10, which provides an initial boost to users’ accounts. When factoring in this bonus, the number of surveys required to reach the payment threshold decreases to 51. While the join bonus somewhat alleviates the burden, it does not fully address the underlying concern of low compensation and the extensive effort required to cash out.
What about the survey experience?
As with most other panels, on Opinion Inn you’ll be asked to fill out a set of qualifying questions before you get access to the real surveys. These questions are called screenout questions, and you’ll not get paid for them unless you are accepted into the surveys.
When Huginx tested the survey experience on Opinion Inn, we qualified for roughly 1 out of 6 surveys, which is in line with many other panel companies. Once you get accepted into the survey, the user experience is usually good. Note that many surveys are much easier to take on a laptop than a mobile, especially in the case of matrix questions.
Opinion Inn: Weighing the Pros and Cons of Signing Up
While Opinion Inn offers certain advantages such as cash payments, join bonuses, and a transparent reward system, there are notable drawbacks to consider before diving in. Let’s critically examine the positive and negative aspects of Opinion Inn to determine if it’s a worthwhile venture.
On the positive side, Opinion Inn distinguishes itself by offering cash payments, a rarity in the world of online surveys where virtual rewards often dominate. This financial incentive can be appealing to users seeking tangible earnings. Additionally, the join bonus serves as a welcoming gesture, providing an initial boost to participants’ accounts. The site’s transparent reward system, displaying the monetary value of each survey upfront, allows users to make informed decisions about which surveys to prioritize.
The allure of Opinion Inn is not without its downsides. One major drawback is the high payout threshold, which requires users to accumulate a substantial amount before they can cash out. This can be frustrating for those hoping to quickly access their earnings. Furthermore, the site offers limited earning opportunities, with a relatively low frequency of available surveys. This scarcity of survey options can hinder users’ ability to earn consistently.
Adding to the list of concerns is the issue of low compensation for completed surveys. Opinion Inn’s reward structure often fails to adequately compensate users for their time and effort, leading to a sense of undervaluation. Moreover, the payment process itself can be sluggish, with delays in receiving the earned cash. This can test the patience of users who anticipate a prompt and seamless payment experience.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Cash payments
- Transparent reward system
- High payout threshold
- Limited earning opportunities
- Low compensation
- Slow payment process