Mobrog is a panel site that pays its members to take online surveys. It’s completely free for anyone to sign up, and you can choose to take surveys through your browser or the Mobrog mobile app (Android and iOS). In this review of Mobrog, we’ll take a closer look at how easy it is to register on their platform, how the survey experience is and how much money you can expect to get paid.
Andreea – Our UX Research Expert: Andreea is from Timisoara, Romania with a background from user experience (UX) research. Her UX knowledge comes in really handy when reviewing survey experience. Originally joining HuginX as a freelancer, she is now a regular contributor to site. When Andreea is not working with panel reviews, she enjoys old classic movies and she has a passion for baking.
Is Mobrog a legit survey site?
Yes, this is a legit survey site. Mobrog is a part of the German market research Splendid Research GmbH based in Hamburg. This is one of many data providers feeding the market research industry with fresh new respondents. As a member of Mobrog, you can trust that your money will be paid out as long as you’ll stick to their rules and provide honest answers.
Splendid Research also follows the ICC/ESOMAR International Code of Marketing and Social Research Practice and ensures the anonymity and privacy of their survey participants.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
In general, how it works is that your survey answers will be shared with other 3rd companies, while your PII (personally identifiable information) will remain confidential with Mobrog. When filling out surveys, you should not be asked PII questions such as e-mail address and phone number.
How to get started
As long as you meet the minimum age requirement, everyone is welcome to register on Mobrog. As part of the sign-up process, you’ll be asked to fill in your basic demographic information, including postcode and education level. Although not mandatory, you’ll also be asked to fill in additional profiling questions, such as your shopping habits and interests.
The good thing about earning money by taking online surveys is that it comes with zero commitment. You can take surveys whenever you feel like it and any time of the day. If you’re bored on the bus home from work, you can take a survey on Mobrog’s mobile app or take surveys at work from your desktop during your lunch break.
According to their website, mobrog pays between £0.50 and £3 per completed survey, depending on the length and complexity of the survey. Based on our own experience, most surveys pay slightly less than £1 on average, with the occasional survey worth £2 or £3. In line with feedback from other survey takers on sites like Trustpilot, it took us a couple of weeks to reach the payment threshold.
It’s worth noting that most of the surveys on Mobrog are hosted by 3rd party market research companies. This means you’ll often need to submit the same information again and again. This can be time-consuming and frustrating since your earnings per hour will be impacted.
We experienced the payment process just as quickly and efficiently as you would expect from a German company. You also have a good selection of payment options including PayPal, Skrill, bank transfers and Amazon vouchers.
What about the survey experience?
Mobrog is a general consumer panel, which means you’ll encounter surveys on various topics. What’s important to keep in mind is that you’ll be asked a set of qualifying questions before the real survey starts. If you don’t qualify for a survey, you’ll usually get told within the first 5-10 questions. On the positive side, they do offer a small compensation when you don’t qualify.
You can ensure that surveys are better matched with your profile by answering more profiling questions, so you’ll be screened out less. What’s good about Mobrog is that they always state how long the survey is in terms of minutes and how much you will get paid, so you can also choose to participate depending on how much time you have available.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
Pros and Cons
Is Mobrog worth your time and effort? Here is a summary of the pros and cons after testing Mobrog for a period of 8 weeks:
- Cash payments: Unlike some other survey sites that only offer gift cards or vouchers, Mobrog pays you in cash via PayPal or Skrill. This means you can use your earnings however you want and not be limited by the choices of the merchants.
- Transparent reward system: Mobrog tells you upfront how much you can earn for each survey and how long it will take to complete. You don’t have to worry about hidden fees or deductions from your balance.
- Low payout threshold: You only need to accumulate £5 (or equivalent in your currency) to request a payout from Mobrog. This is lower than many other survey sites that require £10 or more to cash out.
- Mobile-friendly: Mobrog has a mobile app that you can download for free and use to take surveys on the go. You can also access the site from your browser on any device. This makes it convenient and flexible for you to participate in surveys whenever and wherever you want.
- Disqualification reward: Sometimes you might not qualify for a survey after answering some screening questions. This can be frustrating and discouraging, but Mobrog tries to compensate you by giving you a small reward (usually £0.10 or a lottery ticket) for your attempt. This is a nice gesture that not many survey sites offer.
- Hard to qualify: One of the main complaints about Mobrog is that it is hard to qualify for surveys. Many users report that they get screened out frequently and waste a lot of time trying to find surveys that match their profile. This can affect your earning potential and motivation.
- Repetitive profiling questions: Another issue with Mobrog is that they ask you the same profiling questions over and over again before each survey. These are questions about your age, gender, income, education, etc. that are supposed to help them find suitable surveys for you. However, it seems that they don’t store or use this information effectively, as they keep asking you the same things every time. This can be annoying and tedious, especially if you end up not qualifying for the survey anyway.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Cash payments
- Transparent reward system
- Low payout threshold
- Disqualification reward
- Hard to qualify
- Repetitive profiling questions