Marketagent is an Austrian market research provider founded by Thomas Schwabl that operates survey sites worldwide. It’s a classic consumer panel where you get virtual points for taking surveys. We’ve thoroughly checked the site to find out the pros and cons of signing up.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is MarketAgent a legit survey site?
According to its website, MarketAgent has millions of members worldwide and holds an excellent Trustpilot rating. In addition, the parent company is a legit market research business, feeding many of the world’s largest brands with active respondents filling out surveys. These clients use MarketAgent’s services to gain access to market trends, product demand, and consumer lifestyles to aid product development and create effective marketing strategies.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
How to get started
MarketAgent’s registration process is straightforward and similar to many other survey websites. However, filling in a basic profile is required to match you with surveys. Make sure to fill out your profile using accurate information since your data will be checked when you request payment. If Marketagent discovers that you have been submitting fake details, you’ll risk account suspension.
What about the survey experience?
MarketAgent can be used through the browser or the app (App Store/Google Play). The app is simple and intuitive, and push notifications make it easy to jump on new survey opportunities. MarketAgent matches you to surveys based on the information you enter during the sign-up process. In addition, you will receive an email when a new survey is available, so there is no need to constantly log into the platform to check for new earning opportunities. As with many other survey sites, you’ll experience a fair share of “screenouts”, meaning unsuccessful survey attempts to take a survey. However, this isn’t worse on Marketagent than on other sites.
Marketagent also has several activities, which makes it more fun to be a member. For example, you can create mini-surveys for which other members can vote. And you can participate in challenges, such as recruiting friends to join the portal.
Hard to qualify for surveys
While Marketagent’s Trustpilot rating is high compared to most other panel companies, there are some negative reviews. Particularly when it comes to members’ ability to qualify for surveys:
Here is another example of a user complaining about not fitting the survey criteria:
While members enjoy Marketagent in general, it can be a frustrating experience when they do not fit with the survey criteria. Some demographics are more sought-after by market research companies so this experience can vary significantly from member to member.
How much can you make on MarketAgent?
What you’ll earn depends on the complexity and length of the survey. While you might get lucky and qualify for surveys worth a few euros each, most surveys are paid less than 1 euro, usually in the range of €0.20 – €0.90. MarketAgent points are worth €1 per 100 virtual points, which makes it easy to calculate the value and decide if each survey is worth your time. In addition, the Marketagent platform connects to the Cint marketplace, which means you’ll get access to a lot of 3rd party survey opportunities. These are usually not as well paid as Marketagent’s surveys, but the money will add up if you’re persistent over time.
Here are some examples of survey opportunities we received when reviewing Marketagent:
- Grocery shopping survey – 11 minutes – 60 points (€0.60)
- Car purchase survey – 15 minutes – 70 points (€0.70)
- TV streaming survey – 5 minutes – 20 points (€0.20)
- Banking survey – 19 minutes – 100 points (€1)
What about cashing out my reward?
Again, Marketagent has made exchanging your virtual points for real money easy. For example, you can redeem your points from 200 points (€2), but you might get charged a transaction fee for transfers worth less than 1500 points (€15). It’s great to see that Marketagent is keeping the payout threshold low. In addition to earning money by taking surveys, you can also earn extra points for activities such as filling out your profile and referring friends to join the portal.
The transfer method depends on the country you are in, either:
- Bank Transfer
What can prevent me from getting paid?
Like most other panel sites, Marketagent uses sophisticated technology to filter out bad apples when detecting false and inconsistent information submitted by respondents. However, you should be paid according to their terms as long as you fill in your profile accurately and answer surveys attentively and honestly.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Easy to qualify
- Variety of topics and activities
- Informative and interesting surveys
- Excellent helpdesk
- Fast and easy PayPal payments
- High payout threshold
- No join-bonus
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- User friendly
- Transparent approach
- Low redemption threshold
- Payment approval may take up to three weeks
- Hard to qualify