iVox Panel Review
The iVOX panel is one of Belgium’s most widely used online panels. The company is owned by Bilendi, a leading provider of digital services in market research with offices in 12 countries and 2.2 million panellists. In this iVox review, we’ve looked at how well the panel performs compared to other competing survey sites.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is iVox a legit survey site?
iVox is a legitimate survey site operated by a real business with employees, offices and a solid history of paying their rewards on time. iVox can show to well-known clients such as Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Procter&Gamle, H&M, Netflix and Starbucks.
Survey results from iVox are often quoted by the media as a reputable source of market research data. By taking surveys, you’ll be part of the voice of consumers influencing public opinion and future products and services. Pretty cool, right?
Data sharing: Any reason for concern?
As a business entirely dependent on trust from clients and respondents, iVox has a lot to lose from any violation of privacy laws. This is why market research providers take data protection seriously and are usually at the forefront of following data privacy regulations and guidelines.
It’s also important to remember that your personal data, profiling information and survey answers will be shared with 3rd parties. After all, this is the whole business model of companies like iVox – to sell your data for market research purposes.
At the same time, iVox is very clear about the purpose of collecting your data. Your data and survey answers will be used to understand consumer behavior, predict trends and help develop products and services. Your data will be part of an aggregated analysis where your identity is kept confidential when your data is shared. From this perspective, you don’t need to worry about iVox selling your contact information for marketing purposes.
How much can I make on iVox?
Like other survey providers, iVox will not make you rich. Also, you shouldn’t bet on survey rewards becoming a substantial extra income. People used to have their pockets full of change before card payments took over, which was convenient for making small purchases. The money you will earn as incentives from surveys can best be described as free pocket money you can use for small purchases online.
Also, don’t forget that you’ll need to qualify for the minimum payment threshold before getting any cash. This is a clever way for survey sites to ensure that respondents stay active and loyal over time. It’s also very convenient from a financial point of view since survey companies don’t need to cash out to all the respondents who only take a few surveys without ever reaching the threshold.
In terms of incentive level, iVox is slightly above the average survey sites at the same time as they are below the average minimum payout threshold. You should shortlist this panel when finding a good survey site to sign up for.
And what about the survey experience?
Don’t forget about the survey experience. It does not help if the incentives are high if you need to take hundreds of profiling and screening questions before even getting into a survey.
iVox provides a decent survey experience by ensuring new survey opportunities are well-matched with your profile. This way, you don’t need to constantly fill in screening questions and make multiple attempts before finally qualifying for a survey.
The surveys are also well scripted, and it doesn’t happen very often that you’ll get stuck on any of the questions. In survey design, we could have wished for some types of sections to be more intuitive, such as matrix questions with multiple rows of answer points. This can be confusing and tiring for the respondents when you have to answer an endless number of questions. As you might have understood, we’re not big fans of matrix questions on HuginX.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
What can prevent me from cashing out?
We at HuginX wish for all our readers to redeem as much of their hard-earned cash as possible. This is why we are pointing out some of the most significant risks of taking surveys with iVox. There are two main things we would like you to pay attention to;
- First, make sure to create just one single accurate member profile. Multiple survey entries from the same person is a big no-no in the market research industry, and if you’re caught creating duplicate profiles, you’ll get kicked out of the panel without getting anything paid out.
- Secondly, give your full attention to all the questions and answer honestly. If you try to speed through the survey thinking you’ll be able to earn a quick buck by just clicking through to get your reward, you’re likely to be detected as a “speeder.” And what happens to speeders? They get flagged and will not get paid any incentives.
There is a reason for this strict policy: Businesses spend billions of dollars on market research every year to make the right decisions. If a new product or marketing campaign fails because of bad data, it can have huge financial consequences. If survey answers are detected as duplicates or inattentive the client will most likely never return to the same provider again. The whole data supply is built on trust in consumers like you providing accurate survey answers.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Surveys that match well
- Large selection of topics
- Survey opportunities available frequently
- Surveys that are well-matched
- Surveys may not always be mobile-friendly
- It can be difficult to find help when you are stuck in a survey.