Google Opinion Rewards
Google Opinion Rewards Review
Google Surveys is Google’s in-house market research tool that helps market researchers create online surveys to share with voluntary users who fill out surveys to earn credits. The survey-takers answers are aggregated and shared with the market researcher. All data collected are anonymous unless explicitly stated at the beginning of the survey.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
How to get started with Google Surveys
You might have seen Google Opinion Rewards featured in the Play Store or App Store. Google’s survey community was launched as a mobile app for iOS and Android, and it allows you to answer surveys for various companies and earn credits. The survey app is open for everyone to join as long as you’re above the minimum age (18) and reside in one of the countries where the app is available.
If you are a mobile user, search for the app in the Android/iOS app store and see if the app is available to download. You’ll need to log in with your existing Google profile as with other Google products. Once you answer the initial demographic questions and go through the survey tutorial, you’ll receive a notification for your first paid survey. After answering the survey, you will see a confirmation page confirming the amount of credit applied to your Google payment profile. You can redeem your credit by tapping the “Play Store” button on the mobile app’s home screen or by shopping directly from the Google Play store.
Reward options taking Google Surveys
There’s a difference in the reward scheme between the App Store and Google Play:
Google Surveys through the Play Store
If you’re using an Android phone, you’ll get Play Store credit for answering occasional surveys using the app from Google Surveys. Surveys take between 5 and 20 seconds, and rewards average between 10 and 30 cents, with occasional higher ($0.50 to $1) rewards as well. Once you’ve accumulated $2 worth of credit, you can transfer it to your Play Store Wallet and use the funds just like if you had received a Play Store gift card to purchase apps, e-books, movies, songs etc.
Google Surveys through the App Store
If you’re using iOS, you’ll get rewarded through PayPal. Like Android users, you will receive between $0.10 and $1.00 per completed survey. The amount can vary and depends on the number of questions in the survey and the time it takes to answer the survey. Answering questions in a certain way is not required to receive a payment and is discouraged. The more honestly you answer questions, the more valuable your opinion is; therefore, you may receive more surveys.
Each time $2.00 of payments is accrued in your Google Opinion Rewards account, Google Opinion Rewards will send a payment to your Google Opinion Rewards email address via PayPal. If your Google Opinion Rewards email address is the same one you use with PayPal, you’ll automatically receive these payments in your PayPal account.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
Answering questions through Google Surveys is very different from answering surveys through a regular survey site. One of the key differences is that Google asks very few questions. Because they have so much data stored on users, they can infer passively collected data instead of asking a long list of detailed questions. That’s why they often ask less than 10 questions, and you’ll be done in just a few seconds or minutes. That’s why users are often pleased with the survey experience on Google Opinion Rewards.
Anything else I should be aware of?
Only through Mobile App: Google Opinion Rewards is only available through dedicated mobile apps (Android/iOS). So if you prefer taking surveys on a laptop or desktop you’ll need to look for another survey site.
For App Store users: Suppose you’re not using the same email address for Google Opinion Rewards and PayPal. In that case, you must accept at minimum one payment from Google Opinion Rewards within 30 days to receive that payment and all future payments automatically. If you do not accept that initial payment from Google Opinion Rewards within 30 days, your payment will expire.
For Play Store users: You may see a decrease in your Google Play balance caused by a bulk expiration of Google Play credits older than one year, in line with the promotional Play credit expiration policy.
How can I tell when my credits will expire? The home screen shows when your oldest credits are expiring next, directly under your total Play credit balance. Remember, each credit expires one (1) year after it was earned. Make sure you are logged in using the same login credentials in Google Play as the login you used with your Opinion Rewards App and Google payment profile to transfer the credits successfully.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Consistent survey quality
- Good survey experience
- Rewards are in line with survey length and efforts
- Surveys on topics that you are familiar with
- Low redemption level
- Not a big earning possibility (usually less than $10 per month)
- Limited reward options
- Expiration of unused credit after 1 year
- Few survey opportunities