Betabound is a popular user testing site that connects clients with testers to get feedback on their products. As a tester, you have the opportunity to try out new products, apps, and websites before they are released to the general public. In this review, we will take a closer look at the user testing process on Betabound and share our experience. Whether you’re a seasoned tester or just starting out, read on to find out if Betabound is the right user testing site for you.
Is Betabound a legit survey site?
Betabound is a legitimate platform that provides individuals with the opportunity to apply for and test new products and services on its online portal. The platform is owned by Centercode, a company that helps businesses manage the entire product lifecycle by capturing feedback from prospects, employees, and customers to improve client satisfaction.
Betabound collects and organizes a wide range of beta testing opportunities from around the world, allowing beta testers to easily find opportunities that match their interests and for companies to recruit qualified testers for their beta programs. The Centercode Platform, which is designed and developed by Centercode, serves as the foundation for Betabound and is also used by other companies. Formerly known as OnlineBeta, Betabound offers a robust beta testing experience for both testers and companies.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
What types of tests can I expect?
Here are a few examples of past projects on Betabound:
- Floor-cleaning Robot – The latest robotic floor cleaner from iRobot, with an accompanying mobile app.
- Relyon.ai – Feel and be safer anywhere and at any time with this safety app.
- Streambar – A compact streambar for your television.
- Android Smartphone – TCT’s latest 6.7″ Android smartphone, running Android 13 for current Android smartphone owners.
- TechSmith Audiate – Text-based audio editing software that allows for easy mistake identification and immediate transcription.
- AMARI – The ultimate tool for optimizing your health and performance.
- Snazz – Passive screen time app designed to help people limit mindless scrolling and curb digital distractions.
- VIZIO – Help improve the WatchFree+ service by using your over-the-air antenna.
How much can you make on Betabound?
There are no cash payments to be a tester – users are considered volunteers. On occasion, a user may be asked to beta test apps or products, which they may be invited to keep upon completion of the test. After honest feedback is received, a company may also thank the beta tester with products, gift cards, or t-shirts.
Their approach is that companies cannot expect your feedback to be honest and dependable if paid. Betabound is just the collection of links to beta tests; they do not do the test themselves. So, join Betabound if you are interested in doing beta tests and do not expect to be paid.
Pros and cons of signing up with Betabound
- Access to free products: One of the main advantages of Betabound is the chance to test out new products for free. This can be particularly appealing for those who enjoy trying out new gadgets or software, but don’t necessarily want to spend the money on buying them outright.
- Early access to new apps and software: Betabound members often get access to apps and software before they are released to the general public. This can be exciting for those who enjoy being on the cutting edge of technology and can offer an opportunity to try out new features and provide feedback before the product is officially launched.
- Access to products and services before everyone else: In addition to early access to apps and software, Betabound members may also have the opportunity to test out new products or services before they are available to the general public. This can be appealing to those who like to be “in the know” and want to be among the first to try out new products.
- Access to exclusive testing opportunities: Betabound members may also be offered exclusive testing opportunities that are not available to the general public. This can be particularly appealing for those who are interested in a specific industry or product category and want to have a chance to test out products and services in that area.
- Transparency: We really like the fact that the user testing tasks are displayed on the front page, which means potential testers can review the tasks before deciding to sign up.
- No cash payment for participating in tests: While Betabound on occasion offers free products to test, they do not provide monetary compensation for participating in tests. This means that those who are looking to make money through user testing may need to look elsewhere. Check our list of top user testing sites for more options.
- It can be hard to qualify: Not all Betabound members will qualify for every testing opportunity. Some tests may have specific criteria that need to be met, such as age, location, or device type. This can make it difficult for some members to participate in tests.
- It can be time-consuming to conduct tests: Some tests may require a significant amount of time to complete, such as conducting a detailed product review or participating in a lengthy survey. This can be challenging for those with busy schedules, or for those who are not willing to invest a significant amount of time into user testing.
- Free products
- Access to new technology
- Exclusive testing opportunities
- Transparent for users
- No cash payments
- Hard to qualify