Avios for Thoughts Surveys
Avios for Thoughts Survey Review
If you’re looking for a way to earn some extra cash online, you might have come across Avios for Thoughts, a survey site that rewards you with Avios points for sharing your opinions. But is it worth your time and effort? How does it compare to other online gigs available on the market? In this review, we’ll take a closer look at Avios for Thoughts and see if it lives up to its promises or if it’s just another scam.
What is Avios for Thoughts?
Launched in 2022, Avios for Thoughts is a survey site dedicated to specific loyalty schemes tied to Avios. This is a re-launch of Dynata’s Rewards for Thoughts panel which was exlusively tied to BA’s Executive Club. In addition to Executive Club, this new panel will allow members from AerClub, Iberia Plus and Vueling Club to earn Avios points by taking surveys.
As part of the sign-up process, you’ll be required to provide your loyalty number, which is needed to transfer the points to your main loyalty account (e.g., Executive Club). The points you earn will be transferred automatically, so you don’t need to worry about meeting thresholds or manually redeeming your rewards. It takes around a week before you’ll see the points in your main loyalty program account.
Is Avios for Thoughts legit?
On the one hand, we can argue that Avios for Thoughts is legit because it is not scamming people. It does not charge any fees to join or participate in its surveys, and it rewards users with Avios points that can be redeemed for flights, hotels, car rentals and other travel-related services. Moreover, users are not asked to provide any financial information such as credit card numbers or bank accounts, which reduces the risk of identity theft or fraud.
On the other hand, we can also point out some negative aspects of Avios for Thoughts that may make some users doubt its legitimacy. For example, the site has a low payout rate, meaning that users need to complete a lot of surveys to earn enough points for a meaningful reward. Additionally, the site has a strict screening process, which often disqualifies users from taking surveys based on their demographics or answers. Furthermore, the site sometimes redirects users to third-party platforms that offer more surveys or opportunities to earn points, but these platforms may have different terms and conditions, privacy policies and quality standards than Avios for Thoughts.
In conclusion, we can say that Avios for Thoughts is a legitimate site, but it is not perfect. It has some advantages and disadvantages that users should be aware of and be critical of when using it. It is important to do some research before signing up for any online platform that promises rewards or incentives, and to always protect your personal and financial information from potential scammers or hackers.
Why collect Avios points?
Avios is a loyalty currency used by several airlines and travel companies, primarily as part of the British Airways Executive Club and the Iberia Plus programs. Avios points can be earned by flying on British Airways, Iberia, and their partner airlines, as well as through other activities such as using credit cards, booking hotels, renting cards – and taking surveys.
Avios points can be redeemed for a range of travel benefits, including flights, seat upgrades, and airport lounge access. Avios points can also be used to book travel on partner airlines and for experiences such as car rentals, tours, and activities. The exact rewards and benefits available for redemption can vary depending on the specific program, but Avios points can generally be redeemed for flights, seat upgrades, and other travel-related benefits.
Attractive Avios for Thoughts Sign-Up Bonus
By registering on Avios for Thoughts, you’ll be able to earn a sign-up bonus if you fulfil certain criteria. Currently, the sign-up bonus is 100 Avios points for taking part in the first tutorial (5 min) and 500 points for taking your first survey (10min+). Therefore, you’ll get 600 Avios points by spending 15 – 20 minutes on the site, which is quite attractive.
Disappointing Incentive Levels
For a 10-minute survey, you’ll be awarded around 40 points. Considering an average Avios point value of 1.1p, you’ll only earn around £0.50 per survey in terms of monetary value. This is in stark contrast to the sign-up bonus, which is worth 10X more for an equal amount of effort.
Is it worth signing up?
While the 600 points sign-up bonus is decent, earning just 40 points for a 10-minute survey is less rewarding. However, if you need just a few extra points to redeem a reward flight, it might be just what you need. Frequent travellers are an attractive target group for market research companies, and in light of the sign-up bonus, Avios for Thoughts is a much better panel to sign up for than a regular consumer panel. According to The Points Guy, the current Avios value is around 1p when it comes to redeeming flights through British Airways Executive Club, and based on that you can work out if taking surveys is a worthwhile activity for you.
How is the survey experience?
The Avios for Thoughts website looks like an exclusive survey site for travellers, which is not actually true. This panel is part of the global market research provider Dynata, which means you’ll get surveys on different topics, from consumer gadgets and cars to leisure activities and travelling. So be prepared to be bombarded with a lot of different survey invitations.
Who owns my data if I sign up?
With so many different companies involved, you might wonder which company you are actually signing up to. The company operating the panel webpage and processing your personal data is called Dynata, which is a global market research data provider. By partnering with loyalty programs such as Executive Club and Iberia Plus, Dynata is able to recruit new respondents to take surveys. Dynata will then sell access to its respondents to other companies conducting market research. While your personal data will remain anonymous (unless otherwise stated), your survey answers will be shared with these companies.
Is Avios for Thoughts legit?
Yes. This is a panel that is part of Dynata, one of the largest market research providers in the world. Dynata is working with leading brands globally, and you can rest assured that your data is in safe hands.
Summary – Pros and Cons
If you are looking for a way to earn some extra cash online, you might have come across Avios for Thoughts, a survey site that claims to reward you with Avios points for sharing your opinions. Avios points can be redeemed for flights, hotels, car rentals and more, so it sounds like a great deal for travelers. But is Avios for Thoughts worth your time and effort? Here are some pros and cons of joining this panel.
- Attractive sign-up bonus: You get 600 Avios points just for completing your first survey, which is equivalent to about $6. That’s a generous welcome offer compared to other survey sites.
- Legit survey company: Avios for Thoughts is operated by Research Now, one of the largest and most reputable market research firms in the world. You can trust that your data will be handled securely and ethically.
- Intuitive user interface: The website and the surveys are easy to navigate and user-friendly. You can also access the panel from your mobile device, which makes it convenient to take surveys on the go.
- Easy sign-up process: You only need to provide your name, email address and some basic demographic information to join the panel. You don’t have to fill out lengthy profiles or answer intrusive questions.
- Frequent survey opportunities: You can expect to receive several survey invitations per week, depending on your eligibility and availability. The surveys are usually short and simple, taking about 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
- Low incentive levels for regular consumer surveys: The average payout for a survey is 50 Avios points, which is equivalent to about $0.50. That’s not very impressive, considering that you need at least 9,000 points to redeem a one-way flight within Europe. You would have to take a lot of surveys to accumulate enough points for a meaningful reward.
- Not an exclusive travel panel: Despite the impression from the website, Avios for Thoughts is not a dedicated travel panel. You will also receive surveys on topics such as shopping, entertainment, health and lifestyle. If you are only interested in travel-related surveys, you might be disappointed by the variety of topics.
- Many screening questions: Before you can take a survey, you have to answer several screening questions to determine if you qualify. These questions are not paid, and they can take up to 5 minutes to complete. If you are screened out, you will only receive 5 Avios points as a consolation prize.
- Attractive sign-up bonus
- Legit survey company
- Intuitive user interface
- Easy sign-up process
- Frequent survey opportunities
- No redemption threshold - points are automatically transferred
- Low incentive levels for regular consumer surveys
- Not an exclusive travel panel (despite the impression from the website)
- Many screening questions (which you are not paid for)