Founded on January 1, 1996, Answerpoints is a UK-based survey site that is a part of Aurora Market Research Ltd that specializes in providing market research to help companies and brands improve and launch their products and services effectively. There are over 100,000 UK consumer members that give them data, views, and opinions when they participate in any paid research that they offer. Members are rewarded with points when they complete any survey given to them. Answerpoints allows the members to withdraw their earnings either for Amazon gift cards or donate to Macmillan charity.
Daniel Williams – Our Editor in Chief: Dan is from Oxford, UK and is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Dan has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Daniel is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is AnswerPoints a legit survey site?
Answerpoints is a legit survey site that will really reward you for answering their surveys. It is said to be a straightforward survey site because it offers only one way for you to earn and that is through paid surveys. The answers from the survey are used to help influence the development of products and services that you use in your everyday lives and you can also give your points of view to some of the UK’s top companies.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
How to get started
To get started with Answerpoints, you must be 16 years of age and a UK resident. Just go to the website and click join Answerpoints panel, enter your name, email, and password, confirm your email, and get your 50 points bonus then you can now start using the website. You can use your mobile to take surveys, this site doesn’t currently have an app, but some surveys are optimized for mobile. Registration is a simple process, it does not require you to fill out a lot of profiling questions and you are welcome to join for free.
What about the survey experience?
There is a growing popularity of smartphones and tablets equipped with mobile browsers making the possibilities to administer surveys via mobile devices expanded, some surveys of Answerpoints are optimized for mobile. Ultimately, it is the users’ preference which device is easy to use to take surveys. The number of surveys sent varies from month to month. When you receive a survey invitation, you will be informed of the amount of Answerpoints you can gain as well as the amount of time you have to complete the survey. The process is made simple for you to earn some extra money.
How much can you make on AnswerPoints?
The earnings you make are extremely modest. Each point translates to one penny. After registration, you will receive 50 points as a bonus which translates to 50 pence. The earning opportunities strictly depend on the availability of surveys. The longer the surveys, the more points or money you can get. You can get a maximum of 150 points for these surveys, or that’s £1.50 for the longer surveys. Once you reach 500 points, you can redeem your points for £5 Amazon gift cards and prizes that come in the form of vouchers or donate it to Macmillan Cancer research. 50 points also enter you into the quarterly prize draw and could win prizes such as iPads to high street vouchers.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- Consistent survey quality
- Good survey experience
- Rewards are in line with survey length and efforts
- Surveys on topics that you are familiar with
- Low redemption level
- Not a big earning possibility (usually less than $10 per month)
- Limited reward options
- Expiration of unused credit after 1 year
- Free to join
- Earn referral commissions
- Fair incentive level
- Good survey experience
- Professional MR company
- There is no signup bonus
- The minimum payout threshold is high
- PayPal and bank redemptions can take up to 30 working days to process
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- It is a free platform
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Complete confidentiality in your responses
- Above average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
What can prevent me from cashing out?
You will not be able to cash out if you don’t accumulate enough credits to cash out. Since most survey sites have checks in place to ensure that respondents are attentive and honest when taking surveys, answers that fail these checks result in the survey submissions being rejected. Only one account is allowed per person and attempts to earn more money by creating multiple accounts are considered fraudulent and you will be removed from the panel.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Get a 50 points sign-up bonus
- Redeem your earnings for Amazon vouchers or charity donations
- £0.50-£1.50 per survey
- £5 minimum payout threshold
- Free to join and start using
- Offers a simple way to earn extra money
- Low-income potential
- Only a small number of surveys are available
- Cannot redeem your earnings for cash