Are you looking for a new way to earn some extra cash? We’ve recently tried out AnswerPoints, a UK-only survey site that rewards users for sharing their opinions on various topics. In this review, we’ll share our thoughts on the pros and cons of signing up for AnswerPoints.
Andrew: Andrew is one of our reviewers who’s been with HuginX the longest. With a background in membership support at one of the largest survey companies, Andrew has a lot of inside knowledge of the Market Research industry and has helped us refine our reviewing criteria. When Andrew is not working with reviews, he likes to go hiking with his dog Charlie.
Is AnswerPoints a legit survey site?
Yes, AnswerPoints is a legit survey site run by Aurora Market Research which is a long-standing member of the UK Market Research Society – MRS. Aurora generates revenue by selling the market research data collected from these surveys to its clients. Typical target groups for consumer surveys could include parents with young children or individuals who regularly purchase organic food. Common survey topics might include shopping habits, brand preferences, or opinions on current events. By participating in these surveys, users can contribute valuable information to companies while earning rewards for their time.
Data Privacy: Any reason for concern?
How much can you make on AnswerPoints?
If you’re thinking about signing up for the survey site AnswerPoints, you may be curious about the rewards that you can earn. The site offers a range of rewards, including Amazon vouchers, gift cards, and the option to donate to charity. However, before you start racking up points, there are a few things to keep in mind.
The average number of points you can earn per survey is 75, and you can only redeem your points once you reach a threshold of £5. With each point worth £0.01, each survey is worth an average of just 75p. This means you’ll need to complete a lot of surveys before you can earn enough to cash out.
While AnswerPoints can be a decent way to earn a little extra pocket money, it’s certainly not going to make you rich overnight. However, it’s worth noting that AnswerPoints has a relatively low payout threshold compared to many other survey sites. Some sites require users to accumulate £20 or more before being able to redeem their rewards. With AnswerPoints, users can redeem their points for rewards once they reach just £5. This means that users can start benefiting from their efforts much sooner than on other survey sites.
Top Rated Panels
- Transparent payment system
- Low redemption level
- High incentives compared to regular consumer survey sites
- Good selection of payment options
- Interesting survey opportunities
- High qualification rate
- Simple user interface
- Surveys are not always mobile-friendly
- Complex questions which can take a lot of concentration and time to fill out
- High quality survey experience
- Interesting surveys on trending topics
- You always qualify for surveys (once signed up)
- Well paid survey opportunities
- Tablet and free internet service offered to households without internet access
- Not possible to sign up without a special invitation
- Not too many survey opportunities (2-5 per month)
- Easy to qualify
- Variety of topics and activities
- Informative and interesting surveys
- Excellent helpdesk
- Fast and easy PayPal payments
- High payout threshold
- No join-bonus
- Owned by one of the largest market research companies
- Above average payout per survey
- A low threshold to redeem rewards
- Easy to qualify for surveys
- Low volume of survey opportunities
- Technical glitches using the Pinecone Research app
- No payout threshold
- Gives loyalty credit if you do not qualify for a survey
- Above-average incentive levels
- Limited earning opportunities
- Hard to qualify and low pay for partner surveys
What can prevent me from cashing out?
You will not be able to cash out if you don’t accumulate enough credits to cash out. Since most survey sites have checks in place to ensure that respondents are attentive and honest when taking surveys, answers that fail these checks result in the survey submissions being rejected. Only one account is allowed per person and attempts to earn more money by creating multiple accounts are considered fraudulent and you will be removed from the panel.
- Low payout threshold: AnswerPoints has a relatively low payout threshold compared to other survey sites, making it easier for users to earn rewards quickly.
- Several gift card options: Users have a variety of gift card options to choose from, including popular retailers like Amazon and John Lewis.
- MRS member: AnswerPoints is a member of the Market Research Society (MRS), which is a professional association for market research companies. This membership indicates that AnswerPoints follows ethical guidelines and standards in its research practices.
- Legit market research company: AnswerPoints is a legitimate market research company that works with reputable brands and organizations.
- Limited earning opportunities: AnswerPoints does not offer as many earning opportunities as some other survey sites.
- No cash payments: Users can only redeem their points for gift cards or charity donations, which may not be as appealing as cash rewards.
- Hard to qualify: Some users may find it difficult to qualify for surveys based on their demographics or interests, leading to fewer earning opportunities.
- Not very engaging: Some users may find AnswerPoints’ surveys to be repetitive or uninteresting, leading to a lack of motivation to continue participating in the site.
This is how we review gigs
Disclosure: While HuginX is editorially independent, we may earn commissions on sign-up links.
- Low payout threshold
- Several gift card options
- MRS member
- Legit market research company
- No cash payments
- Hard to qualify
- Not very engaging